On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 08:25:42 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>I built and installed fontmanager and it seems to work. But, the display
>is off. The left 'window' is labled for categories, I think, but is
>cut off at the left side. There's no vertical frame divider between
>the left and right windows (the latter contains the typefaces in the
>available range of fonts). Has anyone else seen this?

For years I have used Fontmatrix, but upon reading your question I
installed Font Manager. It was in the Xubuntu 14.04 repos, version
0.5.7-4, so it was easy to install. I fired it up and waited while it
found all the fonts installed on the computer. It seems to work fine,
and I do not see the problems you report. Of course, I am using the
proprietary nVidia driver and my desktop environment is probably
different from yours, so caveat lector.