On Mon, 8 Aug 2022, John Jason Jordan wrote:

Today I lost power to my networking stuff. It's restored, but I'm having
difficulty getting everything mounted. In the process the mount command
produces pages of lines, almost all of which are from sap, er ... snap. I
don't understand what snap has to do with mounting things. Maybe I can do
a $mount -snap command?

John,

Perhaps this web page will provide some insights into snap:
<https://www.tecmint.com/install-snap-in-linux/>.

Looks to me to be intended to benefit application devlopers more than end
users. Could be another example of "while all progress involves change not
all change involves progress."

Good luck,

Rich