On Fri, 27 Oct 2023 17:25:18 -0500
Bill Barry <b...@billbarry.org> dijo:

>On Fri, Oct 27, 2023 at 4:41 PM John Jason Jordan <joh...@gmx.com>
>wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 27 Oct 2023 15:26:10 -0500
>> Bill Barry <waba...@gmail.com> dijo:

>> >You could just do a few mp3 files to begin with to find out if it
>> >works and then copy them all over after you have perfected a
>> >solution.

>> I am also curious how Android knew to refuse to display the corrupted
>> ones. Maybe Android is smarter than I thought. :)

>Rsync can check to see if the files are corrupt and only copy over the
>ones that need copying over.

I have several backup scripts that use rsync, but otherwise I rarely
use it, so I'm far from an expert. Thanks for the tip that it can tell
if a file is corrupt.

As a sort of conclusion for this mess, I have concluded that the new
256GB Samsung Evo card is defective. It's going back to the eBay seller
or to Samsung, as soon as I figure out which one to send it to. Part of
the reason for my decision is that my other 256GB card is working
perfectly in both the computer and the phone. My only complaint is that
it's exFAT, so I have to put up with Android writing unnecessary and
useless folders to it. But that's a complaint about Android, not the
fault of Samsung's quality control.