Thanks, MC_SEQUOIA for the explanation.

 My assumption was that HTTPS encrypts the messages between the client
browser and server, so one cannot just eavesdrop on the messages back and
forth to generate a map of how to intercept and change the messages. Of
course, one would have to gain access to the private WiFi network created
with the AP, protected by a 16 character password and MAC filter, first.

My security strategy was to put up multiple barriers to make it an annoying
project for the nefarious types. Aslo, our launches are 2-4 hours long at
most, and then the passwords change for the next launch, and no Internet
connection.

If someone is good enough to get through 3 randomly generated 16 character
passwords and a MAC white list in 3 hours with a laptop within 300 feet of
the launch site, he/she deserves the honor of launching all the rockets!

Good idea to check the DHCP client list periodically during the launch. The
AP provides that as well as a way to deny an unknown connected device, if
needed.

Mark