This is why I use LVM2 for everything related to mounted drives and file
systems. Physical volumes (PV) have a UUID (customizable), but unnecessary
in normal use since PV's are contained in Volume Groups (VG) and file
systems are created on Logical Volumes (LV), both of which have arbitrary
names, and which are then mounted.  LVM2 keeps track of everything for you,
and you can even move a set of disks to another Linux box and have
everything sorted out for you by vgscan.  See this article for more detail,
https://medium.com/@michaelewan/the-joy-of-using-the-logical-volume-manager-with-linux-f1768e5413ef