On Mon, 29 Jan 2024, Charles Sliger wrote:

You basically have to do the layout and formatting manually. I use it
frequently to edit invoices and receipts that come in pdf form so that
they print on a single page. I change the page layout to landscape, use
snap lines, change font size, etc.

Charles,

Take a look at pdfjam. The man page begins with
pdfjam(1)
 pdfjam(1)

NAME
       pdfjam - A shell script for manipulating PDF files

SYNOPSIS
       pdfjam [OPTION [OPTION] ...] [SRC [PAGESPEC] [SRC [PAGESPEC]] ...]

DESCRIPTION
       pdfjam  provides  a  front  end  to most capabilities of the "pdfpages"
package (by
       Andreas Matthias) of pdflatex.  Detailed  information  can  be  found  via
"pdfjam
       --help", and also in the web page mentioned below .

       A working installation of pdflatex, with the pdfpages package, is
required.

       The  pdfjam  script  is  distributed as (the main) part of the pdfjam
package.  The
       homepage of pdfjam is at https://github.com/rrthomas/pdfjam .

SETUP
       See https://github.com/rrthomas/pdfjam

I use it to resize PDF web page downloads to letter size, and a few other
things.

Regards,

Rich