From: PLUG <plug-boun...@lists.pdxlinux.org> On Behalf Of mo
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2024 8:14 AM
To: Portland Linux/Unix Group <plug@lists.pdxlinux.org>
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Quantum fiber WhatsApp latency issue

I would agree with you except that when I switch over to my other WiFi (I have
2 different ISPs here) WhatsApp has no latency. Also no other app (signal gv
etc) have latency on either ISP. It's only WhatsApp when using quantum fiber.
Also it's not consistent; sometimes it's immediate for half day while sometimes
it's 2-10 min latency for half day.

But you are correct, no latency ever on either ISP for WhatsApp calls. It is
only for messages. Overall, your push notifications explanation makes sense. &
I can live with this latency too; idc, nothing anyone sends or shares is worth
the immediacy humans think they merit. 😂

But what conspiracy theories? I am ok being Meta's product in exchange for this
free service. All these ppl running around complaining about that but still
using all this social media crap are humorous hypocrisy at best.