On Sun, 2 Jun 2024, King Beowulf wrote:

I'll add a vote for trying chromium-ungoogled. I use Firefox for most
stuff, but every so often, especially my bank and my corporate overlord's
"web-apps" on some Microsoft "cloud" server, Firefox is a pariah.

Ed,

Installing AlienBOB's package showed me the difference between vanilla
chromium and the -ungoogled version: a blank page when invoked.

There's an issue using it: GKrellm shows constand ~25% CPU activity (for all
8 cores/16 threads), both user and system. Neither Brave nor Firefox show
any CPU usage. Is this normal or unique to me?

I tried adding Brave's bookmarks but that apparently failed as displaying
the side panel did nothing.

Regards,

Rich