On 11/12/2017 07:25 AM, Chuck Hast wrote:
[snip]
She most liked the big screen and the keyboard on that T42 is
something that she really likes (not sure why but it sure is).

[snip] But she wanted a bigger screen and a keyboard. I asked
if she wanted a desktop, she said no a laptop, and pointed at
my X301, and told me she wanted one like that but with a bigger
screen. I pulled out the old T42 and set it up and now she is happy.

Just for the heck of it I pulled out my T43 and installed Debian 9.1 with MATE desktop. I see no problem with it. I got reminded of why I liked it - the *PROPER* screen aspect ratio. I had switched to a T510 as the HDD was too small and the CD had problems. Loading SeaMonkey is slower but I saw no operational problem.

YMMV