I have one of those too, I didn't think anyone else did anymore, they use
regular RAM sticks from all appearances, you could try swapping it out.
Mine's getting older too, I had to superglue a broken shaft a couple months
ago, but it's been holding up well now! I buy my ink for my printer from
QBSI, they may be able to repair it too, or know of repair shops for it?
They're all the way up in Kent however. Here's their information (I also
think they have the best prices on ink around):

7112 S. 212th St.
Kent, WA 98032
425-8885-6868

Also, those printers were designed in Wilsonville AFAIK, so they really
should be repairable here.