Have you checked to see if your data contains values that get successfully
match the regexp within the paragraph-start or paragraph-separate lisp
variables?  Perhaps there are some whitespace characters (TAB, or FF) in
unusual locations in the data.  In my experience CSV always has an
irregular character in it somewhere that causes heartache.