On 03/21/2018 08:23 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 03/21/2018 07:40 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Wed, 21 Mar 2018, Richard Owlett wrote:

Some questions:
1. If my local Staples doesn't carry them, where might I look in a
  small city in very rural S.W. Missouri?
2. Pulling the ziptie tight enough to stay on will create an awkwardly
  shaped/size glob making storage problems. Any suggestions? I was
  wondering about permanently attaching something with a ring for
  loosely attaching the tie.
3. Any other ideas?

Richard,

   I think that I bought a bag of 100 through eBay.

For OT reasons I'm essentially a brick-n-mortar person ;/

Cutting off the tail helps.

I was already assuming that. I'm aiming for something which lie flat in a tray. Or preferably that would stand upright in something similar to a typical rectangular food storage container such that I could flip thru the tags to find suitable device. One side of the tag would have color coded stripes indicating size, formatting, general function. The other side would have text details.

I went back to the Staples website to get their part number.
Landed on a related page which said "Not available in stores" :<
*HOWEVER* it had a better picture giving me an idea of how to attach it using a second tiewrap or two. Visible pictures help ;/

Also, for flash drives I use masking tape or a piece cut from a file
folder label to mark them.

<chuckle> That's what I want to replace :}