On 2018-04-01 12:51, Tyrell Jentink wrote:
If your friend has been aggressively googling, they have probably already seen both the Wikipedia page and the Samba wiki page on the subject, but
for anyone else stumbling on this in the future:

Wikipedia says that in Samba contexts, the technology in question is called
"MSDFS." Googling that produces the Samba wiki page here:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Distributed_File_System_(DFS)

From there, I'm not seeing anything "special" for the client side... Just
lots and lots of discussion about the server side and it's limitations. And
not being experienced myself...

Anyway, maybe the terms "MSDFS" and "MS-DFS" and "Samba user space project"
will help find something...

Thank you. I read something about links and turning off unix style links, but that only seems to apply if Samba is providing the DFS server. I'm guessing our problem
is having solid host resolution...