Every time I hear about MAC address filter - I wonder who are we trying to
secure the network from.

It can make things difficult for friends who we not only need to tell your
password, but also go to the office, turn on the PC, figure out their MAC
and white list it. Quit a bit of a hassle for every single device.

It sure has no effect on an intruder from some far away land out of reach
of the Wlan.

It has no effect on a neighbor who knows the Wlan password, because they
can simply listen to your traffic, see some MAC which works and use that to
connect.

Random passer by would not know your password.

Kid's, spouse's friends - that will surely cause constant nagging and
judgement comments, not worth it, for sure.

So the only people I can think of it successfully deters are the ones we
care about.

Did I forgotten about somebody?

Tom