On 06/05/2018 03:46 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Tue, 5 Jun 2018, Dick Steffens wrote:

Did you try, in the Text Import options, Other Options, [x] Quoted field
as text along with [x] detect special numbers? I have to do this when I
import .csv data from the credit union.

Dick,

  No, I didn't. I selected a new spreadsheet and opened the .csv file. No
importing of data.

  I selected all text columns and formatted them as text, the selected all numeric columns and selected the floating point numeric format. When I saved
it I checked the box to quote text fields and specified double quotation
marks.

Thanks,

You're welcome. I remember that I found that trick, but I don't remember how I found it. So, I'm glad it works for you, but I can't explain why. :-)

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens