On 06/17/2018 06:04 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jun 2018, Richard Owlett wrote:

In that brochure the word "Mac" occurs twice. "Linux" *NEVER* occurs.
Keyboarding skills are mentioned. They also ask the question "Does grammar
matter?"

Richard,

   Not an answer to your question, but an explanation of what you saw.
Microsoft and Apple are for-profit companies. The latter gave schools Apple
IIe computers which produced a couple of generations who equate 'Apple' and
'computer.' No one makes money selling linux so there's no incentive to
mention it.

   I am constantly amused to read the papers accompanying a piece of
hardware, such as my new Mediasonic 4-bay external hard drive enclosure,
that carefully describe its compatability with Windows 7, 8, (probably
others I've forgotten) and Mac with a minmum OS version number. They don't
need to include that it's compatible with all flavors of linux, *BSD, and
similar OSes which, incidently, don't need a cdrom with drivers to use the
hardware.

   Forgive your local library.

*NO WAY* !
There's the issue of "academic integrity".
If I'm going to fight a bureaucracy, I need references to someone doing it right.

If you disagree, I'll sick on you the ghost of a History professor I had in the early 60's.

As they buy hardware using public funds they
must follow county purchasing policies. These, most likely, don't mention
linux at all.