On 08/27/2018 01:47 PM, wes wrote:
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 1:24 PM, Louis Kowolowski <lou...@cryptomonkeys.org>
wrote:

The longevity of the disk is unlikely to be the problem, but the format of
the media, and or interconnect will likely be difficult to deal with 10+yrs
out.

There will always be a USB -> whatever adapter. Even if USB backwards
compatibility goes away, there will at least be a NewSB -> USB adapter.

I kinda thought that would be true for the foreseeable future (10 years). I'm guessing that by then, new photos will have been taken, and these will be interesting history.

Come to think of it, maybe making a set of decent prints (photo service) on archival paper would be a good idea for historical purposes.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens