Take a look at linux mint. Its pretty friendly to people coming from
windows. People say that the mint distro with cinnamon is closest to a
windows experience. Personally I prefer the mate desktop.

I generally lean towards recommending something based on ubuntu, so ubuntu
mate or linux mint are my first recommendations for somebody new to linux.

Purcell

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 12:07 PM Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Sep 2018, David wrote:
>
> > I don't have a true answer for you, but a consideration should be which
> > distribution you are willing / able to support when questions come up.
>
> David,
>
>    Not an issue. I won't be doing any support. :-) That's why I want
> something stable and easy to learn.
>
> Rich

Darkness spoons with you.