On 09/12/2018 05:50 PM, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 04:03:33PM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
Where should I go looking?

Haven't been referred there in quite awhile ;/

A more prosaic subject line might have been:
 "When/Why use a wiki? An alternative?"

Perhaps deleting two sentences from the body would have reduced noise.

It could have read:
"My underlying problem is OS independent. However, I seek a Linux oriented solution. My language of choice does have a wiki. HOWEVER, anyone can modify anything at any time without immediate checks/balances."

For detailed questions I participate in ~40 mailing lists and USENET groups. I've yet to find any web based fora which I can navigate.

I mention wikis as I look for background. Wikipedia is well written but to broadly aimed. Arch wiki is well written and easily navigated but is narrowly focused.

Overall, I still like my original subject line,
   "To wiki or not to wiki. THAT is the question."
over the more prosaic
    "When/Why use a wiki? An alternative?"

Thank you.