On Thu, 13 Sep 2018, Tyrell Jentink wrote:

Fair enough; I read a quote a few days ago, but can't find it again to properly cite... It was in reference to If Plan 9 Is Truly Better, Why Linux? And it was to the effect of "The biggest risk to Great software is Good Enough software," and that may be true...

Answer me this: who gets to define "great" in this context?

Chances are you'll find yourself vacillating between egocentrism (I or my close acquaintances), elitism (experts I trust), or populism (the market or broader society).

Think carefully before you make your choice.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinl...@madboa.com