It was probably mentioned her before - Purism is working on their Librem 5
smartphone. That one should be pretty open and free out of the box.

That is perhaps the easiest and the only free user serving smartphone since
the failed Ubuntu phones.

Check it out at https://puri.sm/

Maybe that is what you are looking for.

Tomas