Sadly I don't have an answer for you. I have my own display misbehavior as
well.  For whatever reason Opera, and Chrome, both drop out the
tab/header.  Dragging the mouse over the blacked area redraws some stuff.
It does not correct the issue.  The only fix I've found is to kill the
browser, and restart.  This is a pain.  My system is FC28 and KDE.