Apparently, I need protocol 3016 support.  I can't get the signalling
to work with Fedora Linux or FreeNAS 11.2 U1.  FreeNAS by the way is
freebsd modified by ixsystems.

To confound things even more, I am having trouble getting an APC SUA750
ups to work with FreeNAS.  I gave up on getting the signal from the
TrippLite and thought, "I'll plug an APC unit that should work with NUT
into the tripplite increasing runtime and enabling unanttended
shutdown.  I don't want my NAS corrupted, especially considering that
there are 3 4 TB WD Reds in it running ZFS.

With the APC SUA750, will a standard usb a to b cable work or do I need
a special one?

How about the TrippLite usb cable, is that a standard a to b cable?

Does anyone know what to do to NUT, I'm running Fedora 29, to get this
TrippLite working under Linux?

Good news is, my Mac Mini supports the TrippLite natively.

I have two 940-0024C serial cables and a batteryless APC SUA750 coming
in a few days.  I'll plug this second APC unit into my second TrippLite
that is connected to my Mac and provide signal to the Linux PC.

I got TrippLite units because I have been having trouble with APC smart
units exploding their batteries.  I prefer to stay away from APC smart
units until I find out why so many of them blew up on me.

          -- Michael C. Robinson

          Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!