On Tue, 15 Jan 2019, Galen Seitz wrote:

My user id is the only non-system user with database access permissions.
Trust authentication is basically wide open, but since you are the only
user on your system, it's not that important that your security be
tightened.

Galen,

  That's why I use Trust.

If you want to get LO to connect to postgresql, now's the time to ask me
questions before I forget everything I've learned.

  Thanks, but I've no interest. I do much work using psql and for more
permanent applications (like the one I'm currently developing) I use
wxPython for the UI and SQLAlchemy for the middleware.

  I use LO only because it appears that Abiword is dead. There's no traffic
on the mail list. Oh, well.

Regards,