I just want to say a collective thanks to this list. I subscribe to a
couple dozen lists on a variety of subjects. It seems lately any time
someone asks for help, especially if they are an infrequent poster, new, or
ask some basic questions, 80% of the replies are either greatly critical,
i.e. "RTFM", "Read John Doe's book ('Any non-idiot knows who John Doe
is')", "Why on earth would you want to do such a thing", "Read the list
archives, it has been discussed before, so we won't help you now", "You are
doing it wrong", etc. or they are waste of time answers, "Never heard of
that problem", "Sorry, you have XXX and I have YYY, so I can't help you",
"Mine doesn't do that", etc.  For some reason, people feel obligated to
reply, even if they have nothing constructive to offer. And if someone does
take the time to provide a useful step-by-step answer, his reply gets
blasted for taking up bandwidth.

Fortunately, despite my bumbling, this group has always been helpful and
folks have taken time to continue to answer my questions. One of my
problems with Linux is, it just works. So, once I get things going, after a
short time CRS kicks in and I can't remember how I did it. You guys never
fail to come to my rescue.

So, THANKS TO EVERYBODY for your continued help.

Have a great day.
Michael