I don't know where to get it from. I have an rpm created by a tgz from National
Instruments web site,, but that is a runtime environment only it seems.

How is National Instruments for support of Linux? Am I stuck running Labview in
Windows XP SP3 or newer?

My employer has an e5071b analyzer that is running Windows 2k pro under the
hood. I'm trying to use NI-VISA so I can
remote control the analyzer from an external computer. There seems to be a
permission problem on the analyzer itself preventing
me from remote controlling it. I'm mostly interested in gathering the readings
into a short lived database and printing them out on
an official form as a substitute for folks reading the numbers off of the
analyzer and writing them on the form. This hand writing is
slow and error prone.

I see a lot on google about pyVisa, which is probably some python deal.

I'm curious what in addition to NI-VISA-4.6 needs to be installed on the
analyzer itself?

If remote control is greyed out because of a permissions problem on the
analyzer, how do I fix the permissions in Win2k pro?

 -- Michael C. Robinson