> On 5/21/19 5:46 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 May 2019, Richard England wrote:
> >
> >> Does anyone have any suggestions for a data recovery service or
> >> individual
> >> that he can have investigate this? He's expecting to have to pay for
> >> it if
> >> this affects your suggestion.
> >
> > Richard,
> >
> > Is he certain that the problem is a failed hard drive? If there's no rush
> > bringing the laptop (or bare drive) to the next month's clinic will
> > give the
> > hardware gurus something to work on.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Rich
> >
> Thanks for the reply, Rich.?? At this time I only have the information
> passed on to me regarding what he was told in Colombo. I can certainly
> suggest that he check in at the clinic, but since this is a probably a
> Windows laptop I wasn't certain if the that was appropriate.

For me personally I could care less what was on the drive that
failed or what OS the person was running.  This is just a crappy
situation and the fact of the mater is that Linux or BSD or FOSS
in general has far more intelegent people about dealing with
failures than do any of the windows shops.

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgri...@freebsd.org