> > > Michael,
> > >
> > > As I've written, it should but doesn't.
> > >
> > > The smallest file can be downloaded from <https://tinyurl.com/y54p8xgv>.
> >
> > Looks like a mixture of line endings.  I'm seeing both CR and LF in that
> > file.
> >
> > [galens@toto ~]$ wc -l Downloads/hatchery_returns-2019-08-12.csv
> > 102 Downloads/hatchery_returns-2019-08-12.csv
> >
> > Converting CR to LF and then counting lines yields 10801.
> >
> > There's also one instance of a CRLF at the end of the file.
> >
> > Perhaps there are some LF characters embedded in strings.  I didn't
> > bother to dive in any farther.
>
> This looks like a file that was CRLF ending after it
> has been mangled by a web download.... and was treated
> as a text file type rather than a binary file so line
> ending mangling did occur.

I realized after sending this.. it may of very well been
either you uploading the file, or me downloading it that
did additional damage.

Can you wrap that file in a protected format so we know
that what I download is infact what you have on your machine,
like put it in .tgz file?

Regards,
--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgri...@freebsd.org