On Tue, 13 Aug 2019, Johnathan Mantey wrote:

From emacswiki I found the initial-frame-alist and default-frame-alist
variables.
I added a single line into my .emacs file and renamed my init.el file.
(setq initial-frame-alist
      '((top . 10) (left . 20) (width . 150) (height . 25)))

Johnathan,

Thanks. I see the initial-frame-alist and default-frame-alist variables,
too, but changing values in them makes no difference.

I have a few lines in ~/.emacs.d/init.el that date from the mid-1990s. I can
probably rename the file or delete it since the emacs version then was much
different.

Thanks,