> Last Sunday at the Clinic I did a dist-update on my Xubuntu 16.04 - an
> update, not an upgrade to 18.04. After rebooting everything works
> perfectly, except Firefox. The update installed a new version of Firefox
> so I now have Firefox Quantum 68.02 64-bit, 'Mozilla Firefox for Ubuntu
> canonical 1.0.' I recall seeing some security updates flash by during
> the update also, but I didn't take note of exactly what they were.
>
> Either Firefox or the security updates has made Firefox unusable. It
> launches and appears to run fine, but no web pages can find the
> internet.

This is a long shot, but I am seeing some odd behavior from FireFox
on FreeBSD after my FreeBSD 12.0 release update, and in normal mode
firefox does indeed seem to hang on almost everything, but if I
open a second tab, go to that tab, and then back to the original
tab.. wham it renders.

Try it, could be firefox has some strang stuff going on..
could be I got a busted BSD.

Useful data to debug would be are there any DNS queries coming
from firefox to your dns servers, do they look appropriate and
are they getting answers.

And further does a connect request go out towards the right IP?
Could of it tried to proxy itself up wrongly?

Rod Grimes                                                 rgri...@freebsd.org