When nohup works, it's great.   But when it doesn't ( e.g. asks for a
password or confirmation a few minutes after starting ), it can be a bummer.

For those not familiar with screen, here are five basic commands to get
started:

# to create a screen session
screen

# to detach from a screen session
^Ad       ( that is, Ctrl + A, then d )

# to list running screen sessions ( list is of the form {pid}.{other stuff}
)
screen -ls

# to attach to a running screen session
screen -x {pid of running screen session}

# to stop a running screen session
exit   # do this from within a screen session

There are a lot more options and lots of other really cool things that can
be done with screen and even more with tmux.  But those five will get you
started.

BTW, another option for running long commands in the background is to use
Docker.  :)

Enjoy,
- Robert