On 10/6/19 12:00 PM, Tomas Kuchta wrote:
Thanks Bruce,

Good to hear that it all works.

So, from your response, I can assume that the printer did not work out of
the box without getting some stuff from the manufacturer. Correct?

May I ask what is your distribution?

Thanks again,
Tomas

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019, 14:30 Bruce Kilpatrick <kd7...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 9/30/19 4:24 PM, tomas.kuchta.li...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,

As per subject - I am looking for someone with first hand experience
with the
recent Epson EcoTank all-in-one printer/scanners in general and
specifically on
Linux.

My own experience is limited to HP and Xerox office printers/scanners
which just
work. AFAIK.

Thanks a lot,
Tomas

While I can't give much advice on the installation process, I have
installed an ET-4750 all-in-one on our two laptops here at home.  Once I
futzed through the process all functions work as advertised.  I recall
the instructions were not complete.

Bruce

I am running Kubuntu on one and Classic Fallback desktop over Ubuntu on the other. Epson has a page with Linux drivers. Keep in mind it took some putzin around to make it all work. I am a truck driver and work long hours. If you have questions I may be a while in answering. I am getting ready to reinstall my Brother all-in-one which takes more putzin...