On 11/16/19 5:15 PM, Galen Seitz wrote:
Hi,

I have a need to add annotations to some photos.  Text, lines with arrows, and circles or elipses is about all I need.  In the past I've used imagemagick or xfig for this.  They work, but I wouldn't describe them as easy to use.  Any recommendations?  I'm using CentOS, so any application needs to be available there.

One more thing.  I'll be creating the photos themselves by grabbing stills from video using VLC.

FWIW, I ended up installing 'shutter'. It didn't take too long to do some very basic annotation. Beware that it appears to be a perl application, and it required many perl modules. yum took care of it, but there were about 50 dependencies that had to be installed.

galen
--
Galen Seitz
gal...@seitzassoc.com