My new Thinkpad P73 has a pretty bleeding edge wifi:

●  Intel® AX200 Wi-Fi 6 802.11AX (2 x 2) & Bluetooth® 5.0

My Xubuntu 18.04 LTS is up to date, which means that it uses kernel
4.15.0-72-generic.

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 15:45:48 -0800 Wes offered the following links to
fix the problem:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1156167/unable-to-get-wifi-adapter-working-clean-19-04-install-network-unclaimed

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/518571/locating-drivers-for-intel-ax200-wireless-on-5-1-kernel/518577#518577

I tried all the patches that worked for people in those links, and
several more links that I found myself, but all failed. I have, however,
determined that the necessary drivers are in kernel 5.2. The first
Ubuntu with kernel 5.2 is 19.10 and, of course, 20.4 will have it as
well.

I'd really rather wait to fix the wifi until I can get kernel 5.2,
rather than continue to search for patches that don't work. One option
is just to wait until April and then do a dist-upgrade to 20.4, which
I plan to do anyway. But that's five months without wifi. Of course, I
could just buy a USB wifi device and use that until April.

I could also dist-upgrade to 19.10, but if I remember correctly you
can dist-upgrade directly from LTS to LTS, but if you want to upgrade
the regular releases you have to do it one at a time - 18.04 to 18.10,
then 18.10 to 19.04, then 19.04 to 19.10. No thanks.

Another option that I have considered is to upgrade my 4.15 kernel to
5.2 right now, and otherwise stick with 18.04. Is this possible? And if
so, is there a 'for dummies' guide somewhere?