On 3/27/20 12:59 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
> Lousy subject line? *PROBABLY* Suggestions welcome ;}
>
> About a decade ago I got fed up with M$ telling me that they knew more
> about my needs than I.
>
> Responding to an application oriented question on a USENET forum, a PLUG
> member suggested I try Ubuntu. Canonical had made design decisions which
> clashed with how I thought. That led me to discovering FOSS, and Debian
> in particular.
>
> I do not have the technical skills to contribute viable code.
> I've been a computer *USER* since early 60's.
> Is there a forum whose goal is guiding consumers to provide _USEFUL_
> feedback?

I haven't written much in the way of code since Z80 C and assembly when
I was 50 lbs lighter and had a full head of hair.  There are many ways
to contibute: Q&A forums, documentations, package management.  I've been
active for nearly 10yrs contributing bash build scripts for Slackware at
Slackbuilds.org, a 3rd party software package volunteer effort.
Essentially just automating the configire-make-create package steps.
Debian has something similar and more convoluted.

Head over to linuxquestions.org: sort of a one-stop-shopping forum for
all things linux and has been around for a long time. Most distros are
represented and BSD as well.  If you have experience solving technical
issues, you can often jump in and assist with the "How do I...?" and "It
go boom...?" questions and provide pointers to solutions.  Lots of stuff
there.  Good community that self polices pretty well and sharp
moderators that jump in to keep everyone on topic (although wacky
tangents do occur at  times.)

-Ed