I'm trying to retire my Mac Mini 2014 which has been predominantly used for
video conferencing. Wanting to move completely to Linux, I was interested in
running WhatsAPP, Skype, and Zoom as replacements for Facetime. Skype and Zoom
install to CentOS 8 no problem. Sadly, my parents only have WhatsApp. Okay,
researching whatsapp I run into Franz. I paid for a personal use one year
subscription, maybe I didn't need to. Seems like it is affordable though at
around $35.
One concern though, Franz appears to be a beta where GMAIL doesn't work out of
the box complaining that I'm not using a secure browser. Android messaging
works though which is nice. I have WhatsAPP, but I can't do video conferencing
with it despite having a camera and microphone on my Linux system. On my
Motorola G7 WhatsApp has the ability to video conference. Will they get out of
Beta and will I get updates with my subscription?

Will I have to renew my subscription every year if I'm just interested in
personal use or can I opt for ads/etcetera?

I can take pictures in WhatsAPP, but I can't stream for some reason. The stream
option is missing.

 -- Michael C. Robinson