On 7/27/20 12:59 PM, Ben Koenig wrote:
> Yo Ed,
>
> Didnt you create some family dvds that did this years ago? I remember you
> running through the slackbuilds for dvd authoring software and did a pretty
> nice job of making a playable slideshow.
>
> Only took you half my childhood to figure it all out....
>
> -Ben

I used imagemagick and gimp to fix/format/convert the still images, Kino
as a front end for ffmpeg and dvdauthor (dead movie editor and DVD
authoring, kdenlive is a good replacement), and K3B to rip CD audio with
audacity to format the audio. A good NLE GUI makes adding transitions
and audio easier.

if the CLI route with ffmpeg etc is too daunting, I believe any
non-linear video editor can create slide shows from still images and add
audio. Some are more difficult to figure out that others (Kino was nice
and simple). In no particular order, any linux distro should have one or
more of these:

kdenlive
Pitivi
Shotcut