On Mon, 31 Aug 2020 17:07:44 -0700
Vince Winter <vince.win...@freegeek.org> wrote:

> I am looking for an alternative to gksu/gksudo (they are no longer
> supported) or to pkexec (getting it setup for the gui is annoying,
> i.e. editing policy).
>
> I am trying to make a cinnamon desktop launch that asks for a
> password, keeping simple as I can to implement.
>
> ---
> Vince Winter

lxsudo

https://github.com/lxqt/lxqt-sudo

Don't use pkexec. It's way more complicated than it needs to be and is
some kind of windows registry-eske of XML policy configuration.

--
 _______________________________________
/ ... though his invention worked       \
| superbly -- his theory was a crock of |
| sewage from beginning to end.         |
\ -- Vernor Vinge, "The Peace War"      /
 ---------------------------------------
\
 \
   /\   /\