Infrequently, over the past couple of weeks I've seen the icons on my desktop disappear and then reappear. Then an small window opens and tells me there's been a problem with something and do I want to send a report to the developers. Clicking on the button to show details tells me that xfdesktop is the culprit.

Any ideas why this is happening and if there's something I need to do about it?

I'm running Xubuntu 18.04, and xfce.

~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Release:    18.04
Codename:    bionic

The not-so-all-knowing Interweb tells me I should be able to click on setting > details for similar information, but "details" does not show up when I try that.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens