On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 17:08:49 -0700
John Jason Jordan <joh...@gmx.com> dijo:

>Does anyone know what process
>makes the 'busy' icon appear?

I discovered a web page listing CSS values for the various states of the
cursor:

        https://infoheap.com/css-cursor-property/

And apparently the value for what I call the 'busy' rotating circle is
Wait, while the normal value is supposed to be set to Auto.
Unfortunately the page did not elucidate where these settings reside on
a Linux computer. Wherever they are, my guess is that something
overrode my Auto setting with Wait, so all I should have to do is
change it back to Auto.

I've poked around in all the settings I can find on my Xubuntu
computer, but so far I haven't found the secret hiding place for them.
Any ideas?