On 9/24/20 7:04 PM, Chuck Hast wrote:
Same here, your gen set may need a few minutes to stabilize
but it should settle on 60Hz and since you do not have a large
number of inductors and capacitors on the line it should be
fairly clean.

You can find multimeters that will measure low frequency signals
and of course 60hz is down there.

This page from Amazon brings up a nice selection of both multi-
meters and even digital panel meters:
https://www.amazon.com/Frequency-Meter/s?k=Frequency+Meter

Hopefully the meter on the generator will be good enough.

Unless you have something weird in your gen set you should be
getting pretty nice (probably better than PGE) sine waves out of
your gen set.

Of course there could be something wrong with the governor and
it is not keeping tight control on the machine. The meter will tell
you that as you cycle loads on and off of the machine.

The stuff coming out of the wall socket can be pretty nasty. If you
have worked with LF radio before particularly in industrial or large
malls you should know what I am talking about. Some of the worse
devices are fluorescent lamps, metal vapor lamps both low and
high pressure, large rectifier stacks and other such goodies. You
may have a few of the lamps on your home circuits but most likely
none of the others. Computer PSU's can be noisy also as can any
(Chinese) switching power supply.

Check and stabilize the frequency, check and stabilize and do it
again, make sure that the governor is responding fast enough to
keep it stable.