On 11/12/2020 01:12 PM, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
On 2020-11-09 02:45, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 11/08/2020 11:15 PM, VY wrote:
This is sort of related to your question.

I have needs to do speech recognition and I found this website using Chrome
to do just that:

    www.dictation.io

It works well on Linux.   Hope this helps!

-v

Thank you but that page indicates it requires Chrome to operate.
I'm a long term SeaMonkey user dating back to days of Netscape Navigator.

Why does using SeaMonkey prevent you from installing Chromium and using it for speech recognition?

1. I avoid Google services and products whenever possible.
2. I am not aware of Chrome/Chromium offering any interesting features.

You used to run Windows,

I still have *one* _dusty_ machine with WinXP Pro ;/

this is a lot simplier. It doesn't stop you from using SeaMonkey for all of your browing needs.

I would, well am, advising you to install Chromium and use dictation.is for your speech recognition needs.