On 12/11/20 10:52 AM, Ken Stephens wrote:
Jonathan,

I've tried it on Tinkerboard,  Jetson Nano, my Fedora Linux Lenovo, wife's
Windows 8 Lenovo.
Tinkerboard - ubuntu arm7l, Linux
Jetson Nano - aarch64, Linux
Lenovo's Intels i7 and i5.

  I am beginning to believe I blew the chip sometime.  But, it blinks like
the systems are trying to read its ID.  Without reading the ID, my systems
won't communicate with it.

Did you switch the jumper on the FT232 module to 3.3V? If not, the ft232 might be driving 5V into a pin that is expecting 3.3V. That would likely cause excessive current to flow from the module through a clamp diode in the P8X32 to the 3.3V regulator. Needless to say, this would be problematic.

galen
--
Galen Seitz
gal...@seitzassoc.com