On 3/8/21 6:09 PM, Bill Barry wrote:

I don't think the problem is at the nvidia driver level so going to
all the trouble to install the Nouveau driver might not even fix what
is wrong. It was working and then it wasn't and you didn't change any
of the packages between. Maybe it has to do with detaching the
peripherals and reattaching them. If I understand what happened  all
you did is detach the peripherals, attach them to another computer and
then reattach them. Did you perhaps switch the monitors?  You could
look at xrandr -q  as he suggests and see if there are any clues
there. Otherwise I don't have any more suggestions.

Looks like it was the nVidia driver issue. No idea why that set of driver files was still there, since I thought I removed it a couple of months ago and it's run fine. I know it couldn't be using nVidia, because that card is sitting on my desk, waiting for me to blow the dust off and put it in a box somewhere.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens