On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 3:42 PM Michael Ewan <michaelewa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For a file system I highly recommend XFS, it is way more robust
> and way faster than ext4, the Linux kernel has supported it for years.

One of the advantages of using LVM is to expand or shrink a Logical Volume.
But that requires the ability to expand/shrink the filesystem that is on
the LV.  Several years ago, XFS could expand but did not have an easy way
to shrink its filesystem, i.e. the solution was backup, shrink, reformat,
and restore.  Has that changed?  I'm hoping for a "yes," but a quick Google
search has not been fruitful.

Granted, that's a very specific use case, but one that was important to a
few clients that I had worked with.  For those clients, ext4 provided a
"good enough" solution.

Regards,
- Robert