Ubuntu uses the keyring to store passwords for all kinds of things.
It looks like Xubuntu uses seahorse or gnome-keyring as the keyring
manager. I'm running Kubuntu so it uses KDE Wallet.
Anyway, if you open whichever one Xubuntu uses, there should be either a
"login" or "wallet" password stored. By default it uses the user account
password and just opens when you log in. Since you don't enter the password
to log in, the wallet doesn't get opened. Setting the login password there
as blank should fix the problem.
This post is 7 years old but it should still be close to what you'll see.
https://askubuntu.com/questions/533324/change-keyring-password-on-xubuntu#533326

Brian