On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:19:41 -0700
Keith Lofstrom <kei...@kl-ic.com> dijo:

>I still use ancient Logitech ball mice, three button plus
>scroll wheel, tethered to a USB-A connector.  They drive
>half a dozen linux computers around my home and office.

For many years I have used smallish Logitech wireless mousies that I
buy for ~$10 at Wally World. I've never had the feet fail, but they
develop other problems, mostly with the sensor and the scroll wheel.
I've never figured a way to repair these issues.

However, while shopping for my recently acquired Dell 2-in-1 confuser I
stumbled upon a similar sized mouse for $7.95 with free shipping on the
Lenovo eBay store. I bought one, and I kind of like it, more than the
Logitechs. Lenovo's regular price on eBay is $12.95, but periodically
they lower the price to $7.95. I waited until I could get the lower
price and then ordered a couple more.

I realize that I'm not very earth friendly by not spending a lot of
effort to repair these things, and my hat is off to those who do, but I
can do more for the earth in other ways that coast me less effort.