On Sun, 27 Nov 2022 16:07:09 -0600
Bill Barry <waba...@gmail.com> dijo:

>So reassembling is what was needed, but you don't need to force it.
>Now if you just had some way to automate that.  Have you connected
>your external enclosure to the UPS so that it is protected from
>temporary power disruptions?

Yes, everything is on my three massive APCs (connected together), even
the stereo.

I keep thinking that the problem lurks somewhere in the crazy setup:

4 Intel 8TB NVMe drives, mounted two each on two long PCIe cards,
inside a 4-bay PCI enclosure, in turn connected to a Thunderbolt 3 port
on a Lenovo dock, in turn connected to my Lenovo P73 laptop via one of
its TB3 ports. The whole setup is close to two years old, during which
time this is the sixth case where the RAID has failed.

When I got up this morning everything was running, so it couldn't have
been caused by a power glitch. There are lots of other electrical
devices around the house that tell me when PGE hasn't been playing nice
- e.g., the clocks on the range and microwave will be flashing, the
  bedroom television that runs all night will be off, among others.