On 12/28/22 12:01, American Citizen wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am using bluefish to examine the html code of my website,
> unfortunately bluefish complained about the very long length of the
> lines, and then proceeded to split them, after receiving an
> acknowledgment from me to go ahead.
>
> Question:
>
> Are there any other good html editors (linux) out there? Apparently
> finding a WYSIWYG screen under the editor which works well is
> problematic too.

I use Bluefish on and off. It does a good job and I ended up liking it
so much that I'm the Slackbuilds.org buildscript maintainer. It's not
just an HTML editor but also and IDE.  It does have a few quirks. You
can adjust the right margin line split to your liking. Default is 80
characters.  I like having HTML lines wrapped as that makes it easier to
read. Normally this is not a problem unless you have stray white space etc.

Now, if you use a CMS such as Django, Drupal etc you may always have
weird issues viewing via an HTML editor.

Another option is Seamonkey - a suite of internet utilities, including a
WYSIWYG editor.

-Ed