I’m guessing that your questions might be answered by reading the comments
in your resolv.conf file, especially the part about it being autogenerated
and the part about a manual page.

Usually, personal computers ( contrast with servers ) use DHCP to configure
their network settings.  I’m guessing that is the case here.

See these sources for more details.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_Host_Configuration_Protocol

https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/leap/reference/html/book-reference/cha-dhcp.html

https://learning.oreilly.com/library/view/-/9781119689010/c11.xhtml